Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changed my battery this weekend, and now the radio is asking for a code. have no records from previous owners. does anyone know if these radios came with a default code? hope someone along the way didn't change it.<p>this is the factory Mercedes am/fm cassette on a 91 300 SE.<p>thanks,<br>Shon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You have to go to your dealer !! (more)

There is not pre-set code for it. Every radio has a unique # you have to put in everytime power is disconnected.<p>Go to your dealer and bring your registration and the serial # of the radio (you have to take it out) or sometimes, you can just call them up and give the details over the phone.<p>Frank<p><br>: changed my battery this weekend, and now the radio is asking for a code. have no records from previous owners. does anyone know if these radios came with a default code? hope someone along the way didn't change it.<p>this is the factory Mercedes am/fm cassette on a 91 300 SE.<p>thanks,<br>Shon<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got it.<p>called the dealer and gave them the VIN#, they had to run it in their network (took about 5 min.), punched in the number, and I'm in business again. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts