Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 E-Class E200 BLUE-CY SE CDI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just two days ago bought my E200 BlueEFFICIENCY CDI (year 2010). There seems to be some CD's inside already and the music plays fine but none of the buttons to switch over to Radio or eject the CD do not work. All the buttons around the ON button don't seem to work.

Any idea what this could be?
I had a look at the fuse box but the fuse diagram is missing also and not that many fuses (under the bonnet) so there may also be a second fuse box but not sure.
And also does anyone know where I can get the owners manual also as That did not come with the car.
:confused:

·
Registered
2010 E-Class E200 BLUE-CY SE CDI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses wouldn't cause some of the buttons to not work, it would cause the entire radio to not work. My guess is the radio is bad.

Here is a site for US models and the users manuals: Owners Manual: A Go-To Source for Information on your Vehicle | Mercedes-Benz
Thanks for the info. Managed to find the manual at least, and managed to find the fuse diagram which was located on the toolbox where the spare tyre is.

It does look like a faulty radio. One think I noticed is that when I first unlock the car and insert the key, the command controller (round button on armrest) works for the CD functions. If I push it then I get the menu's for the CD or sound. However, once I push any other buttons such as Radio, CD eject or any number then the command controller stops working also. I can then only fast forward songs and nothing else.

I have now booked it for a diagnostic test next week, but would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced the similar issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info. Managed to find the manual at least, and managed to find the fuse diagram which was located on the toolbox where the spare tyre is.

It does look like a faulty radio. One think I noticed is that when I first unlock the car and insert the key, the command controller (round button on armrest) works for the CD functions. If I push it then I get the menu's for the CD or sound. However, once I push any other buttons such as Radio, CD eject or any number then the command controller stops working also. I can then only fast forward songs and nothing else.

I have now booked it for a diagnostic test next week, but would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced the similar issue.
did you work out what the problem is on this one ?

I have an Ml 280 2008 and none of the buttons on the head unit work not even on - but the screen is there , I can change switch between songs on the steering wheel but cant go back to radio or sat nav etc etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you work out what the problem is on this one ?

I have an Ml 280 2008 and none of the buttons on the head unit work not even on - but the screen is there , I can change switch between songs on the steering wheel but cant go back to radio or sat nav etc etc.
did you found the solution same case here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts