Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio shows the word code like it has a password. I'd like to listen to the radio. Anyone else had this solved? Eventually I'll modify the system but not yet.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
you can try pulling the radio part and serial number and contacting the dealership they "may" have the code providing it's the OEM radio

·
Premium Member
1986 190E 2.3-16, 1992 190E 2.3, 2015 GL350 BTC, and 2020 GLS450
2,395 Posts
... the dealership ... "may" have the code providing it's the OEM radio
Forgive my contradicting a fellow crew member but when I used to have my OEM Japanese Alpine CM2191 unit, the 4-digit code was available at the dealer just by giving the dealer the VIN and proof of ownership.

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
lol..no worries pete, i said "may" because my local dealership is a piece of crap... i took my car into with the oem radio still installed, pulled the numbers and they said they could not help me with the radio codes because the numbers didn't match up.

they don't even respect the MBCA membership..

·
Premium Member
'85 W201.601; '13 X204.651
745 Posts
There was a similar discussion here some months back. One of the knowledgeable members posted and answer, with a code that seemed universal and that would unlock a radio. I'd suggest a search. Best I recall it was a 4 digit code with instructions about the process, and it was successful for the person faced with the problem.

·
Registered
1992 190e 2.6
254 Posts
There was a similar discussion here some months back. One of the knowledgeable members posted and answer, with a code that seemed universal and that would unlock a radio. I'd suggest a search. Best I recall it was a 4 digit code with instructions about the process, and it was successful for the person faced with the problem.
Kind Sir, I haven't be able to find the thread. Do you mind helping us out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts