Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Benz S320 SWB / 1986 Porsche 911 Targa / 1998 Benz CL 500
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car doesnt have an automatic radio antenna and I am sure previous owner didnt plug the hole or anything cause its how it came from the factory to our garage the year it was built in 1994.

Last couple of months I have been getting more static and loss of radio quality.

I have been told that my radio antenna is in the rear windshield:confused:

What do I do, replace the windshield? Drill a hole for an automatic radio antenna? ( Hirschman / Beru )

Thanks.

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Hey Tassy
How r u going ?
Isn't the Antenna in the Rear bumper bar on some Models , i think i was reading that at some stage .
If i where you i would not hesitate for an instance to Drill a Hole on the rear left and install the Hirshmann Antenna there , the Car looks better somehow with the Antenna up (even better when you reverse,2 Reverse antennas come up also ,awesome combination) .
If that dosnt apeal to you what about installing an Ampliefier to stengthen the Signal .
Ciao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1995 s500
148 Posts
hey i got a 95 s500 and it came with a antenna but it was only for the phone . most people i have talked to has said that the antenna was only for the phone system,the fm signal comes from the bumper antenna and the am signal come from the rear window ,the antenna wire that runs from your radio and goes down thur your door pillars and runs up to a splitter on the backside panel where the seatbelt runs thru, so maybe the connection came loose from that splitter or check the other cable that run down thru the trunk and connects into the splitter that connects into the rear bumper connection. just ideal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts