Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has encountered problems with the sound on their radio. The problem with my radio was that the sound wasn't there even when I switched to cd mode, it says no disc in changer even though there is 6 disc in their already. I took it to the dealer and they said it might be the telephone option overlapping the circuit causing the sound to go out. What they did was pull a fuse to reset it and advised me to have the telephone unit disconnected if I wasn't using it. Any info on recall or tech help on this would be great.[:(]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 S430. I haven't had the problem with the radio, but the cd changer has disa...

I have a 2003 S430. I haven't had the problem with the radio, but the cd changer has disappeared about six times (it says I don't have a changer). I've taken it in 3 times. The last time they installed a new changer. I thought it was fixed, but it happened again yesterday. When they replaced the changer, they told me that the changer is linked with a fiber optic cable, which is easily crimped and that if the new changer didn't work, they'd need to look at rewiring the cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts