Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how difficult would this job be for a beginner. I've taken apart the a lot of the front end once while cleaning and fixing the headlights. I've also repaired the blower once.
That's basically as complex as the work I've done so far as repairs go.

I searched the forum for a DIY tutorial but didn't find exactly what i need to know.

Anybody with experience of fixing or replacing this part can give me any insight.

Thanks in advance your guys are the best.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
you should be good to do it if its just a normal rad.. IF it has the A/C or oil cooler built in not so easy but still poss you need to get under to drain the fluid and discon bottom hose.. top rail drops out leaves you plenty of room to play...

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should be good to do it if its just a normal rad.. IF it has the A/C or oil cooler built in not so easy but still poss you need to get under to drain the fluid and discon bottom hose.. top rail drops out leaves you plenty of room to play...
don't all W140 have the radiator with oil running through it to be cooled built in?

and if i need to drain fluids would that include transmission oil as well as engine oil and off course coolant?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts