Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of the OEM chrome fins. They were very easy to install - basically adhesive tape. It has two positioning tips to ensure perfect fitment.

The photos aren't the world's greatest - bad light, worse camera, worst photographer. But it will give you an idea.

I think the chrome looks good on the red, black and most dark colours.

cheers
roadsta

Attachments

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Those do look really good on your car - really stand out against the red!! [8D]

Thanks for posting the photos, cause I now can see what they look like on someone's actual car!! [;)]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Whiskers ^_^

[;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
roadsta - 3/29/2005 2:01 AM

I bought a set of the OEM chrome fins. They were very easy to install - basically adhesive tape. It has two positioning tips to ensure perfect fitment.

The photos aren't the world's greatest - bad light, worse camera, worst photographer. But it will give you an idea.

cheers
roadsta
Will the adhesive tape stand up to multiple car washings? What about high power wash like in an automatic car wash? I know, everyone but me hand washes their car[:(]

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
The adhesive is extremely strong. I've blasted mine with a pressure washer a few times since installing and still find them as strong as when i stuck them on. I'd really need to rip them off with a lot of strenght if i wanted them to budge.

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
I think you have convinced me to go for these chrome fins Roadsta. They look great. I'll see about getting them fitted when I next take the car in to the dealer (they are fixing a few problems anyway so hopefully I can get them to fit them)

·
Registered
237 Posts
We just put them on our obsidian black 350 and they look great. I was traveling when they came in so my wife installed them! She couldn't wait,lol. Easy do it your self job. got them from "for my mercedes" .com. Fast delivery and a perect fit.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
roadsta - 3/31/2005 12:01 AM

cheers
roadsta
I think to buy one set of them, and paint them to black. what do you think? is it good to paint? :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
They have black ones available. I think they are Carbon Fiber and would look pretty trick on a light colored car. If you want to paint them I would get those. They would be easier to paint then the polished.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
xJagman - 4/1/2005 8:10 AM

They have black ones available. I think they are Carbon Fiber and would look pretty trick on a light colored car. If you want to paint them I would get those. They would be easier to paint then the polished.
But I couldn't find them in black, just in silver. can you give me the address of black ones? thanks.

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
This looks like Obsidian black.

Looks really smart.

http://www..com/morepics.asp?img1=171-1005-more.jpg

Okay the bit that is missing is for my mercedes without the spaces, why on earth does the forum screw this up?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Slk-Gill - 3/30/2005 11:34 AM
... why on earth does the forum screw this up?
It's financial...they are not a vendor that sponsors the board and they may even compete with those that do...[;)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
The fins look great on dark cars. Does anyone have a picture of the chrome fins on an Iridium Silver car. I have a feeling that they won't add very much accent.

·
Registered
2005 CL55
16 Posts
Now I know why I like the forums.
Had the fin come stock chrome..........we would have painted it..
HA!!

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KarKrazy - 4/1/2005 5:06 PM

Now I know why I like the forums.
Had the fin come stock chrome..........we would have painted it..
HA!!
I don't think so...in this case. But you have a point!

I think MB leaves a few obvious opportunities for improvement so that they can sell outrageously priced accessories. Unfortunately for them, the aftermarket guys seem pretty fast of the mark with reasonable quality copies.

roadsta

1 - 20 of 36 Posts