Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Radiator change

1102 Views 3 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Guest (MBNZ)
Is changing the radiator a pretty straight forward easy task?? Got a quote for $450 to have it done, and I can understand the radiator is expensive but if I can knock it out myself I can save a few bucks. Any suggestions or things to watch for would be helpful. Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's a really good price to do that actually. A new radiator will run for about 300 alone. I feel that it's got a lot of PITA stuff that you gotta do. Like remove the fans, which requires removing the belt. You also have to drain and refill the coolant which isn't too bad but I'd rather not mess w/ it personally. I'd pay 450 for that in a heart beat!

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I did it in 190D in 1.5 hours. Replacement Nissen radiator cost $200 with shipping. From your post at mercedesshop I'm not sure how that job compares between 190 D and your 190E. After disconnecting hoses i was able to remove the rad without touching anything else. it's a tight fit but definitely doable. I was quoted $500 for the job. I also used standard green antifreeze. I know what they are saying, but to me glycol is glycol. <br> <br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.