Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a C36 AMG and I don't know how to race with MB automatic shifters. I'm so used to manual trans. I need some help. What's the speed max where I could drop to third, or can i even do that? When drag from a halt, do just floor on "D" or do I start on 2nd or third? grrr. someone help me!

·
Registered
Mercedes 500E & CLK32K
511 Posts
I race my 190 and previously my C36, while the auto trans is a drawback when compared to m...

I race my 190 and previously my C36, while the auto trans is a drawback when compared to manual tranny cars, you can work the auto to its maximum.

Stand still starts: Shift the car into 2nd and manually shift to third when closing in on redline, do the same for shifting into D, although I expect that you won't be doing that very much unless your on long straights.

You need to work the auto like a manual, downshifting into braking zones and corners. You can upshift coming out of turns as necessary.

Leaving it in D and trying to drive the track is not a good idea as the auto trans is too slow on upshifts/downshifts.

In my C36, I managed to smoke most all M3's on the track, even with the auto trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts