Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah im not really a big fan of racing a C class, but an rx8 pulled up on a straight rolling at about 40 and took the right away of revvin up, i quickly dropped gears on the sport shift and punched it. We were pretty even until about 60 mph. I pulled away quite significantly and soon observed him in my rear view. I must say, the rx8 is a disgrace. The auto(197 hp) is simply ridiculous. But that car certainly CAN handle. Anyway, thats my story..

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
NICE KILL![:eek:)]

·
Registered
02 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Even the 250hp model is pathetic. I like the way they look, and even give them respect for their heritage (I love the 3rd gens), but these are definitely weak. I haven't raced one in the C230, but I routinely eat them alive in the WRX which is cat-less, but stock other than that. Not to mention the price, way too much for me for a car that has no balls but is advertised with them.

Even the new Mazdaspeed 6 that is supposed to have 276hp and all wheel drive is only billeted to have a 6.2 0-60 and a 14.9 1/4 mile - all for around the same cash as an RX-8. Not to mention the AWD system is a piece of sh1t.

If you ask me, Mazda is putting themselves out of business in the performance aspect.

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ya theyve been out of business.

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy wow nice ride man...No i don't think i'd try to race that. Maybe when i get my 300zx TT

·
Registered
AMG C32
85 Posts
absolutely i look forward to it
make sure you do some mods to it tho'
300z u should be able to sqeeze out significant power with just a exhaust and a intake. My rx has a nice setup twin intake, downpipe midpipe and exhaust pulleys and a just added front mount andit probably has 100 horsepwer more than stock. With a 4.13 final drive this thing flies. My benz is my daily driver tho. The Rx is for weekends

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats awesome, i admire the rx-7 alot. By the time im done with the Z (about 2 months) i should have close to 450hp at the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts