Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Agreed, the car has been neglected tbh, probably not worth investing too much time and effort.

I could probably sand and prep all four in a morning, then a quick coat followed by sealer - perhaps give the chrome a miss using silver instead.

Thanks for the feedback folks

·
Outstanding Contributor
A200 Sports Coupé C169 2006
1,063 Posts
Yup, 17" as pictured above in a screenshot from the brochure, and correct tyres, so all good.

You might have to remove the chrome completely if you're going for a DIY repaint job - it won't hold now that it tasted freedom ;)

If you decide to modify any lights or entertainment system or interior trim, etc - let me know. There's not much left in my car in this department, that I haven't messed with :)

·
Registered
B180 CDI Sport 6sp '09
227 Posts
Use metal polish, or car polish it doesnt matter for Chrome part of the wheel. And for curb damage, sand, bondo, primer, paint, transparent. ( just the outer edge)
And they will look like brand new.
-If your in a hurry you dont even have to paint the outer edge, you have that like rim tape/ factory wheel edge tape/strip to buy. And just stick it on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll see how the wheels respond to a bit of elbow grease and go from there, talking of elbow grease just spent two hours (trying) to remove gummy steering controls -

Machine gun door locks next lol

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,063 Posts
I had mine done when I did carbon fibre interior mod - also went for gloss finish on the buttons themselves.
Holding okay so far, at about 3 years now.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,063 Posts
I stripped the rubbery coating off and did the buttons myself, the carbon fibre hydrographics (aka 'dipping') was done professionally by Odell Hydrographics in Rushden, Northamptonshire - absolutely brilliant job on the whole bunch of small and larger parts (y)

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,063 Posts
That would look nice on my wheels :p
The B-Class W245 steering wheel is different from A-Class W169 (about the only noticeable difference in the interior), and I actually like the B wheel better, but it was going to be too complicated to fit one (or so I was told), so went for simply modifying / remodelling the 169 type. No regrets :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Small world, just down the road in MK - its great little car but a little too far gone me thinks, plus I have started looking at ads (oh no, not again) for another S124 barge :love:

I'll post back any improvement on the wheel scenario, if you don't hear from it means I have goofed up !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Has to be Olney, nice part of the world.

Quick question (and hugely off topic), now that I can see the thumb buttons, are these designed to control audio volume or just for phone kit if installed?

ta

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,063 Posts
It a bit further up the A509, and quite a bit smaller - Bozeat ... Olney is almost a regional centre for us :ROFLMAO: what, with their illustrious Antique Market and numerous cafes & restaurants - we've got a Red Lion pub, one corner shop and an Indian takeaway. That's it :p

The steering wheel +/- buttons control audio volume and most other up/down functions, depending on the menu section you're in at the time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks bud, not sure mine are working on audio setting but no biggie. Bozeat sounds nice, may have driven through one or twice as it rings a bell, poles apart from MK with it's 70 mph roads.

Cheers

It a bit further up the A509, and quite a bit smaller - Bozeat ... Olney is almost a regional centre for us :ROFLMAO: what, with their illustrious Antique Market and numerous cafes & restaurants - we've got a Red Lion pub, one corner shop and an Indian takeaway. That's it :p

The steering wheel +/- buttons control audio volume and most other up/down functions, depending on the menu section you're in at the time.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts