Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
RE: SL500 Picture Thread

Surely, you all have pictures of your SL's?? It's hard to imagine you spent this much money and don't have one. It's easy to load pictures. Before you hit the submit button, check the box that says "attach a file after posting." This will take you to a browser box, where you can search your system for the picture you want to attach and then hit submit. It takes a few minutes to upload the file, if it's large.

Rod

·
Registered
589 Posts

Scott.....by coincedence, they are close. Mine is only one number off from my partners car. Actually, I should be driving the SL 600, as the first three digits of my plate are V12!!

Thanks for the suggestion.......Rod

·
Registered
120 Posts

okay quick question, in the US are you allowed to NOT have your license plate on the front of your car? as majority of you on here don't have them on the front, only the back.

can anyone clear this up? Espically you rod, for you have two....hahaha EXPLAIN YOURSELF! haha

·
Registered
589 Posts

Scott.......It varies from state to state whether you "have" to have a front license plate. Fortunately, Florida is a state that does not require a front plate. I'm not fond of front plates as I think it detracts from the beauty of the bumper. Plus, you have to drill holes in the bumper if you have to have a front plate. I'm glad I don't have to. Just my opinion. You'll see that some people have plates on the front, because they are required in the state they registered the car.

Cheers,
Rod

·
Registered
589 Posts

BTW.....Blazinginder.......I hope you don't mind, but I requested:

1. The thread be moved to the top, so it's always easy to find and for people to post pictures of their cars. The Benzworld moderator did this a few days agao.

2. I just put in a request to change the subject line of this thread to read R230 SL Picture Thread. That way, anyone with an SL, should feel welcome to post pictures of their cars, not just those who have an SL 500.

I hope this is OK with you, since you started the thread. Please let me know if you have any issue with my request.

Rod

·
Registered
158 Posts

scottcardwell - 6/22/2005 5:29 AM

okay quick question, in the US are you allowed to NOT have your license plate on the front of your car? as majority of you on here don't have them on the front, only the back.

can anyone clear this up? Espically you rod, for you have two....hahaha EXPLAIN YOURSELF! haha
My dealer will NOT screw a plate into MY bumper under penalty of death. Front plates are required in Ma. and my dealer fastens them to the front lower black grill with black cable ties. A front plate is required for an ispection sticker. I removed the plate and tossed it in the boot when I picked up the car. I carry a few black cable ties in case I get stopped.

1 - 20 of 427 Posts