Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a kit or anything one can add or change to make the car go any lower. On my '03 SL500 I wanted to see if there was a way to make the car go lower than how it is when I'm on the low setting on the level button...the car has the factory 18" amg 5 stars which look great and for now I don't think I want to change wheels but I wanted to minimize wheel well gap more of possible (maybe lowered another 1" - 2" or something like that from where it sits now)

thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SL 500 seems to use some sort of air damper...it has a button to lower the car or raise it in the center consol near the shifter. It's not the standard spring/shock setup like all the other cars have or at least this appears to be the case from looking uder the car when it was on the lift getting inspected. This said how do we safely and effectively lower the car more then it sits when it's on the low suspension setting...a few folks told be about some sort of module, any ideas on which ones are best and where to get them?? is that the only way...any advice would help...thanks :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a cheaper alternative to the lowering module. There's a small link rod on each air strut which lets the car no what the ride height is. These can be replaced with adjustable links.
I have aslo heard of SL's being lowered by the dealer using the STAR machine.
Either way more cost effective than the lowerig module.
Hope that helps.
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts