Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some questions for y'all.<br>
<br>
Q1 --- are we going to see two models along the lines of SL50/SL73 or just the one SL55?<br>
<br>
Q2 --- i assume there's just zero chance of a manual transmission, right? all of the literature thus far says automatic only.<br>
<br>
Q3 --- my dealer says we might see the SL55 in the US by feb/mar 2002. anybody else have corroborating data?<br>
<br>
i'm #1 on my dealer's list for an SLK32, but it looks like the US won't see them until oct/nov. if i can get an SL55 by summertime i'll invest the SLK32 cash for a year and call it a day. the SLK32 won't do me any good in New England over the winter anyhow.<br>
<br>
SAB

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SL

We can expect one AMG model, probably a supercharged 5.0L V-8. This model might come to US in the summer of 2002. The SL will probably not be available with a manual transmission, but may come with SEQUENTRONIC, a system just like the one availble on the Ferrari 360 Modena F1.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A1: It's likely that there will be an SL50 and an SL60. The SL50 will have a supercharged V8 and the SL60 will have either a supercharged V10 or twin-turbo V12, depending on which rumors you believe. I doubt we'll see the SL60 in the US, but M-B is selling alot of AMG cars here, so maybe it will come. I would be money that it won't show up here for the first couple years though.<br>
<br>
A2: There's a 0.00001% chance.<br>
<br>
A3: The R230 isn't supposed to show up in the US until April 2002. Given the record of AMG cars showing up 1 year or more after the initial introduction of a model (sometimes due to marketing, sometimes due to production constraints, sometimes due to development), there's a much higher chance you can get your SLK32 before October 2001 than you can get an SL50 before January 2003.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts