Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Sold my 2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the long time issues I have had is with my Floor Mats. Mine are the snap in type
on my 2005 SL55. When I bought the car they were damaged where they snap in. The plastic snap comes away from the mat. Bought some replacements a couple years ago.
P/N Q-6-68-0597. They were $ 94.00 at the dealer. Same issue with those. Within a year.
The fabric has pulled away from the snap. So yesterday go to the local dealer and ask for the old part number. He comes out with P/N 6-6-03-7063. They are a little different.
Not as black. More Charcoal in color. AMG Logo is at a different angle. They do seem better made. Then the bad news. $ 194.00 even with my Mercedes Club Discount. Ouch.

Oh well. The car was looking shoddy with the old mats. Lets see how long these new ones last. For $ 200.00 lets hope its a little longer at least.

·
Registered
11 Mustang Convert,.87 El Camino,09 Avalon Limited,05 GMC Sierra Denali, hunting AMG car.
224 Posts
mats

I feel your pain.Just paid $194 for Lloyd monogrammed mats for my SL500.They are almost twice as thick as MBZ mats.They also had the AMG mono.Gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just bought new ones from dealership for mu 07 SL550. New design. Snaps are on the bottom. No plastic disc on top. Had them in for 3 months and work great. Check on the newly designed ones from MB.

·
Registered
1998 ML320 - Burgundy, 2004 SL600 - Pewter
59 Posts
One of the long time issues I have had is with my Floor Mats. Mine are the snap in type
on my 2005 SL55. When I bought the car they were damaged where they snap in. The plastic snap comes away from the mat. Bought some replacements a couple years ago.
P/N Q-6-68-0597. They were $ 94.00 at the dealer. Same issue with those. Within a year.
The fabric has pulled away from the snap. So yesterday go to the local dealer and ask for the old part number. He comes out with P/N 6-6-03-7063. They are a little different.
Not as black. More Charcoal in color. AMG Logo is at a different angle. They do seem better made. Then the bad news. $ 194.00 even with my Mercedes Club Discount. Ouch.

Oh well. The car was looking shoddy with the old mats. Lets see how long these new ones last. For $ 200.00 lets hope its a little longer at least.
One of the problems with those mats is that they tend to slide front to back and fold in the gas pedal area. When buying my set a few days ago, they gave me free a clip with pin so it will hold the front in place and prevent the folding.
So far it works fine, but it's been only a few days... we'll see.
BJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts