Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an old topic, but I was wondering what you guys think of the Halo lights on the r170, considering that they’ve been out long enough now to get a better idea if they are good or bad, likes dislikes? I prefer original equipment but have been considering this change for my car. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Now every new car has clear headlights I think it's ok to give the car a newer look. There is a good chance they won't work as well as stock. It will look nice in the daylight.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be an old topic, but I was wondering what you guys think of the Halo lights on the r170, considering that they’ve been out long enough now to get a better idea if they are good or bad, likes dislikes? I prefer original equipment but have been considering this change for my car. Thanks for any input.
I bought some for my 1998 SLK 230 R170, and they make it look great! I had comments from the neighbours even. Much better than the original headlights. Buy some! :)

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Well, this got me thinking. So I just got new lights Too. And yes, my car looks much nicer. I have not tried them at night yet. Much better age reducer than BOTOX. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks.

·
Registered
E63AMG, SLK32AMG, Ferrari 348 Spider, R350 Bluetec, Eagle Talon TSI/AWD, Jeep CJ7, Smart EV
317 Posts
IMHO cars of age deserve to be in original condition as best possible. They are more valuable too. Although headlights are an important safety item, if you jazz up your benz, you're just making it less valuable.

Maybe buy better bulbs if you're having light issues?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts