Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a new member.

I have a R170 SLK200 that I am having trouble with the driver's door lock.

The door will not lock on the central locking - either using the fob or button on the centre console. However, it will unlock using them and the lock works ok using the key in the door or by pushing the door button down.

I have read other threads on this forum so understand a bit about the pump in the boot/trunk and what else is powered by it. The passenger door lock, boot lid lock, fuel filler lock, alarm and interior light all work ok.

When I first noticed the fault when you tried locking using the remote the door lock button seemed to move down a bit and retrying might be successful but this doesn't seem to be true anymore.

Before I start stripping things down and/or trying replacement parts can anybody shed any extra light on whether it is likely to be the lock or the pump or give any other good guidance.

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe you have a leak on the tube going to the drivers lock.

Find topics related with PSE, with is a box sitting on the the right side of the spare tire on the trunk.
Disconnect the connector with the 3 yellow tube and use a syringe to insert/remove air into the tubes and check if the locks work. If you get no resistance you have a air leak.
It could be just the be a lose connector on the drivers lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you have a leak on the tube going to the drivers lock.

Find topics related with PSE, with is a box sitting on the the right side of the spare tire on the trunk.
Disconnect the connector with the 3 yellow tube and use a syringe to insert/remove air into the tubes and check if the locks work. If you get no resistance you have a air leak.
It could be just the be a lose connector on the drivers lock.
Thanks for the reply.

Is the pressure on all 3 tubes the same? Could I swap two of them over at the pump to see if the problem transfers to the other door?

Also, do you know where the tubes route through the car? The reason I ask this is that the fault developed after I had some work done on the gearbox but obviously that could just be a co-incidence.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The pressure is about the same on my PSE.
When I bought my car the PSE was to much damage to salvage, I bought a new one from a dealer but it was faulty. I used a syringe to test a possible leak on the tubes but I found that one of the holes of that new faulty PSE produced much less air/vacuum and didn't actuate one of the locks.

You can put your fingers on the three holes and click on your remote and see if all holes produces the same amount of air.

I don't know the actual route, you can see the schematics here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1270676-pse-removal-refit-check.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved.

The nipple had broken off of the vacuum coupler where the vacuum pipe connects to the door lock. It would help if MB made the pipes a bit longer.

New part (2028000453) from dealer was £2.70.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts