Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,823 Posts
That video really shows how much the r107 suspension needs to be tightened up for that type of driving. Do you see it bouncing and wobbling? Once I had my r107 in the 100mph range attempting to weave through traffic... once. (Ala Johnny Dangerously.)

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,088 Posts
I'd be curious to know what model that 107 with the right hand drive and stick shift is.

It certainly would not be a realistic chase if it was a 280SL.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,588 Posts
I think the 280 and 350 were the only ones offered with the manual transmission.
There was something about a manual trans. 450 a couple of years ago and IIRC the chassis number was correct for a 450 manual trans.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Realistic? It's a movie.

Years ago, my wife's grandpa took a tour of Universal Studios. Afterwards he announced he wouldn't watch any more movies; they were completely phony.

We all snickered behind our hands. That Poppa, what did he expect, did he think that stuff was real?

Eventually we took our kids on the Universal tour and I finally understood what he meant. Everything was phony -- the scenery, the props, the stunts, the sequence, the soundtrack -- all of it contrived for the cameras. I still watch movies, but with a different eye than before.

Nowadays, computer-generated imaging contrives even more, even the actors themselves. Realistic, yes. Real, who knows?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts