Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I needed a tow hook cover as they pop out if you hit a curb too hard. I ended up with two, the dark gray one was fine for mine and now I have a new bright red one spare.

It cost me almost US$100 if anyone needs it...

·
Registered
E350 Sport
1,446 Posts
pop-out if hit????
the tow hook sits a lot higher than the front end, you probably need to be more careful where you park.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just recieved Saturday

Hopefully it can be painted to match mine sort of an offwhite I will buy it
Ian just wanted you to know I got the cover yesterday and it is in the shop as I type being painted to match my grill Thank You and this forum for making the hard to get parts not so hard to find.:bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
2001 SL500 / 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 HO CTD / 2010 Subaru Outback
313 Posts
Once y'all get your expensive new tow hook covers installed be sure to secure both of them to the car with long black vinyl zip ties ... you can lace the zip tie through the mesh and then loop it around any nearby bumper support. This is very cheap insurance and is essentially invisible.

·
Registered
1998 SL500
10 Posts
I need a (preferably black) tow hook cover. Anyone know where to find this without breaking the bank? Thanks.

·
Registered
1991 500SL
140 Posts
Here is the item number to one on Ebay. Description says its from a 1997 SL320. Not the same as my 1991 cover, but see if it looks like what you guys have.
Item # 220244430009

·
Registered
1997 500 SL
25 Posts
Once y'all get your expensive new tow hook covers installed be sure to secure both of them to the car with long black vinyl zip ties ... you can lace the zip tie through the mesh and then loop it around any nearby bumper support. This is very cheap insurance and is essentially invisible.
This is an essential tip to all new 500SL owners... only had mine a month and I popped off the tow eye cover on the gentlest of kissing a curb. Only when I saw how much it was going to cost me did I drive back the 200 mile round-trip to the station (2 days later) and found it exactly where is had popped off into the bushes... lucky!

Anyway, my part was on a 1997 UK AMG sport front bumper and is number: WA1298800205 and has only one lower slat looks like...

Attachments

·
Registered
W124 E280, R129 SL500, BMW 525i E34
288 Posts
Good idea and must do for tie the cover with something
Also tile it for all 4 of jack cover cap too

Mine(AMG cap cover) was missing somewhere and make my SL look like loose front teeth
Take a while to get the new one

Tie it please, just take a few minutes as they said
If it missing again, now you know someone took it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts