Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
They will probably cost more than you would expect, plus they will need to be painted as well. Therefore not sure it makes perfect sense to put them on if they are not an original element to that car anyway and they might have been lost or broken and now you need to re-fit them to keep the car in factory spec shape. A friend of mine tried to 3d print a pair of these to put them on his final edition but after all they did not really look like the "real thing" and he abandoned the idea.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I requested for a price quote from MB Singapore yesterday :wink ... hopefully "affordable" and I'm also comfortable having them painted to Brilliant Silver

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Nothing finer...than a one twenty niner!
Except having 2!
Red is 1998
Blackie is 2002
I wanted the last year engine (M119) before Chrysler's involvement and wanted the last year (2002) of the R129's.
Both have less than 60K miles.
No major issues.....so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
RE: Picture thread of our lovely 129's

Dallas,

The car came like this. The leather is called Helios -option 239. Paint is brilliant silver metallic and the soft top is dark blue - option 744.

Also no aftermarket mods in any other areas.

Any pictures of yours?

Regards
Sisu

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased this 1994 sl 320 with 54,000 miles all original. Lovin life but wary of what I'm reading about wire harnesses and top problems. What would be an indicator of the wiring harness going bad?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Little topless drive from this morning

Regards,
D
Hey man, I am looking for the front and rear spoiler lips like the ones on your car. Please don't tell me they came with the car and you have no further idea...if indeed the case can you help me in any way to get another set made :) thanks.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hey man, I am looking for the front and rear spoiler lips like the ones on your car. Please don't tell me they came with the car and you have no further idea...if indeed the case can you help me in any way to get another set made :) thanks.
I think I can point you in the right direction... Check your PM.

Regards,
D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Little topless drive from this morning

Regards,
D
D that is sick. I love it. Man you never seize to amaze me. On another subject need help from anyone who sees this. I have a set of thse BBS AMG 2 piece wheels and I need to find out before taking them apart what size BBS VS bolts are these and what are the torque settings. Thank you in advance.
AMG BBS Aero2 piece.jpg

·
Registered
943 Posts
D that is sick. I love it. Man you never seize to amaze me. On another subject need help from anyone who sees this. I have a set of thse BBS AMG 2 piece wheels and I need to find out before taking them apart what size BBS VS bolts are these and what are the torque settings. Thank you in advance. View attachment 2603240
Cheers!

The "nearest" results I could fine, someone was asking years ago Re: the same wheels that you have, https://www.benzworld.org/threads/splitting-bbs-amg-2-piece-for-painting.2510753/ Unfortunately that is all I see buddy, sorry, hopefully someone else will chime in soon. Great wheels, one of my all time favorites!

Regards,
D

EDIT: Found this info from Black Forrest Industries, https://blackforestindustries.com/products/m8x32-assembly-bolt-nut-for-2-piece-bbs-style-5-style-19-amg-aero-ii-wheels Since they do supply the hardware to all the fine wheels, you may want to get in touch with the directly for confirmation on the torque specs, but for 19" on this page Torque spec: 36N*m is what's listed...

·
Registered
29 Posts
fault

·
Registered
29 Posts
HI,

I present you my new 500 SL in almadin red. 02/1991 - 50000 miles
500 SLJPG.JPG
MB-R129-3.jpg
MB-R129-7.jpg
MB-R129-4.jpg

2021 - 2040 of 2040 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
659 Participants
Carbuff
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing