Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Is this something that can be made at a custom exhaust shop without great expense?
The answer is yes it can, but the question is why would you bother?
IMO, the stock set up best suits the car (on the drivers side rear only)
Get some nice dual exhaust tips if you want to make it more aggressive looking, but dont "rice it" with the dual look. It cheapens the ride.

·
Administrator
8,710 Posts
The supercharger on their site sounds very expensive for how it looks.

Does anyone know how it performs or how compares with Albrex or HPS ?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys. Can I buy the OEM supercharger that is on the Silver Arrow model and install it on my 1994 SL600? I have tried surfing the internet to find somewhere that sells these and have had no luck. I am not even sure if I can install this on the 94.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
macattack56 Ken is right. There's never been a supercharger in the R129 or in the Silver Arrow. As far as we know the only three supercharged R129 that we know of are the ones of fellow members Tech-Tune and Mertd that are based on the M113 5 liter 3 valves engine and the one of fellow member JeffKolish that is based on the M119 5 liter 4 valves engine (the same of your car) and that I actually test drove myself two days ago and I was impressed.

Hope his helps at least a little.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The answer is yes it can, but the question is why would you bother?
IMO, the stock set up best suits the car (on the drivers side rear only)
Get some nice dual exhaust tips if you want to make it more aggressive looking, but dont "rice it" with the dual look. It cheapens the ride.
Where can you buy a nice chrome dual tip to fit the stock muffler ?

·
Premium Member
10,980 Posts
macattack56 Ken is right. There's never been a supercharger in the R129 or in the Silver Arrow. As far as we know the only three supercharged R129 that we know of are the ones of fellow members Tech-Tune and Mertd that are based on the M113 5 liter 3 valves engine and the one of fellow member JeffKolish that is based on the M119 5 liter 4 valves engine (the same of your car) and that I actually test drove myself two days ago and I was impressed.

Hope his helps at least a little.

Cheers.

And to add onto the list of the one-of-a-kind, supercharged R129s that we know of here on the R129 forum...

We have a member by the name of Brian or ' MapleValleyKleeman ' who has a 2000 SL500 w/ a Kleeman supercharger installed. Also another member by the name of Jurgen or ' EST-R129 ' who has installed an AMG supercharged 55 motor in his 1991 SL500 but had encountered detonation due to advanced spark if I recall correctly. We haven't heard from him in a while so I am not sure if he ever repaired / rebuilt the motor.

Best Regards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts