Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a Xenon Headlamp Conversion? I am thinking of replacing the originals with the Xenons or is the Euro Headlamps a more cost effective choice? <br> <br> The original headlamps with the 9004 bulbs are just plain horrible.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i checked into this as well and was informed that the wiring needs to be reworked somewhat to accept the HID xenon system.<br> <br> was also informed that the same goes for the euro lenses [smooth one piece] as well...<br> <br> both are done quite often but i havent heard of the pricing details for the labor... if anyone has done this i would love to hear the details!!!<br> <br> thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently talking to Kyle of HID 4 Less and he is saying that he has a system which includes an electrical pigtail that mates the current 9004 plug to their Headlamp Conversion. The headlamp itself is from Bosch, Germany. I'll speak to him in the morning to get the total amount for the system.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the 9004 plugs into a pigtail and the dipped beams power the ballasts and the high beams power the halogen bulbs. They make it this way so no cutting of the wiring is required.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. In fact I ordered a set from them. The company is HIDS4Less. The parent company is MTC Lighting. You can also check their website at HID4Less.com. The set I ordered is the twin bulb headlamp (Euro) with a set of Stage II HIDs (Same bulbs and ballast used in European LeMans. You can see the difference in the website. You can speak to Kyle as he gave me a price of $1200.00 plus $50.00 shipping. If you are planning to order let him know that you are part of the Benz group buy.<br>
<br>
He said the unit was going to be plug N play so I'm waititng to see it sometime this week.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plug and play...that rocks... so is this a xenon or a one pc euro headlight???<br> <br> if possible take pictures after they are in!!!<br> would love to see them...<br> <br> thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No this is a one piece Euro with two bulbs. The dipped beams are projector with an installed Xenon Stage II bulbs and the bright beams are standard H1 halogen.<br> <br> As soon as I get them in, I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ding My name is lewis. I have a 91 300 sl. I too am very anxious to hear about your conversion.<br> I talked to the guys at hid4less, they told me about $500.00 for the conversion, is that right?<br> Also did you just get two bulbs & wiring harness?<br> seems mighty steep for those two items. Well I too<br> want white lights!! Good luck hope to see something from you soon Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I called them yesterday and was told that the projector housing is backordered. I will probably go with the Bekkers kit. I would have been great to save $300.00 in the process but I guess Bekkers is the better way to go. Unless you know of any place else that sells them for less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts