Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I received an email from someone asking about how to remove the console so they could get to a broken switch. I have the information and am happy to share it, but I inadvertently deleted their email before I had a chance to respond and don't have a clue at to who it was. Our email here at work, takes you literally and really deletes an email…there is no way to say 'oops, I didn't mean to do that' and retrieve it.<br>
<br>
If you read this and that was you…sorry, and please email me again.<br>

·
Registered
16 Posts
EASY!

Takes only about 10 mins!

1)Remove Radio.
2)Open storage compartment in front of gear stick.
3)Remove Single Screw from Back of compartment (in the middle)
4)You will see that the lining of the compartment can be folded inwards from the upper corners, do this and pull out the lining.
5)Now you will see 2 screws on the walnut trim, remove these.
6)Remove AC unit by putting your hand behind it and pushing it out, disconnect it and store somewhere safe.
7)GENTLY lift the console a little, this will enable you to lift the gear change surround off.
8)Remove console, remember to disconnect all the connections for the window switches etc. You will need to have the gear lever in drive or 2nd to do this.
9)All the switches are cliped to the underside of the console. The ones in front (under the radio) just pull out.

Hope this helps

Webby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts