Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 500 SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 1992 R129 and it needs some cosmetic work such as a new front bumper cover, possible a rear one as well. I was looking around and saw a duraflex AMG kit but I read somewhere on this forums to stay clear of duraflex. How come?

Any other body kits around that anyone would recommend?

Any that are known to be bad?

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Hi redomainname, and welcome aboard the R129 forum!

Poor quality and fitment of these cheap aftermarket Duraflex parts have been discussed in great depth on multiple occasions.

Please try using the R129 forum's 'search' or 'advanced search' features to search for many related topics of discussion regarding the above.

For other suggestions and options in regards to aftermarket body kits, please consider reading R129 Aerodynamic Modifications .

·
Registered
1992 500 SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I read through it, but most links are bad.

Can anyone tell me is fiberglass the better kit? what was the orginally AMG parts made out of?

The duraflex is part fiberglass but not completely, why are they bad?

Is duraflex the name of the material? is it better or worse than fiberglass?

Are there any good kits out there? duraflex or fiberglass?

I read something about wald, but is wald good? better? where can I get wald now?

I was hoping for the AMG style, any suggestions?

·
Registered
05 C215 CL 500, 96 SL 500 PANO,96 W124 220CE,03 Smart 450 Cabrio, 96 W124 220CE, 07 Ford Transit!
431 Posts
Don't know much about them but from having read every single thread before buying mine- (Thanks all) it seems that most of the aftermarket kits are poor, bad fitting etc. the original AMG bits are really expensive. Check out some of the mod posts and try a couple of searches. Best of luck with it.

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
AMG will look best on your R129.

Wald is amazingly gorgeous, difficult to find.

Duraflex? Price is tempting; for a reason...

I suggest you get in touch with the guys in Thailand, they have come up with some amazing custom works. I believe Peter_r129 is one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts