Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
R129 SL500 1996
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see that here in Oz at least, one of the big office supply chains is now offering a 3d scan and print service from A$30 for an item up to 10cm2, this hopefully will become more widespread and eventually give access to the .srt files for all. At the moment there is not much competition and prices for printed parts seem high to me for a bit of plastic. Hopefully, It won't be long before someone in China starts banging them out for a few $$ each.
Here is an example for an Audi Part.. Audi Sunvisor clip
wayneg, I suppose you mean .stl files(?)
You are right, 3D printing will become more accessible in the next years. Let's see

·
Registered
2001 SL500
84 Posts
Hi Rand, just hold my beer ;-)!
I will keep you posted once we have the part ready.
Thanks for making this post. I started a mega thread for brittle interior R129 plastics about a few weeks ago. Feel free to post there . Hoping itle get stickied so people can quickly find a plastic resource.

Also it would be cool if you could do the sun visor vanity mirror covers.

Thanks agin!

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes SL500
10 Posts
Hey Ksan, good luck with the sales. For my part I would also request the tie hook covers for the AMG style front bumper.

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,131 Posts
I found both sides on Amazon for $47

·
Registered
1999 SL500 Sport, Black Opal Pearl, Helios Leather, Pano roof, AMG Aero2 18"Split Rims, Rear Seats
1,207 Posts
I found both sides on Amazon for $47
Well the prices are starting to get a bit more realistic, shame about the $110 shipping to Oz

·
Registered
2002 SL500 Silver Arrow
616 Posts
Affordable and well-fitting tow hook covers would be great. Been waiting years for a reasonable solution to that dilemma.

·
Registered
1999 SL500 Sport, Black Opal Pearl, Helios Leather, Pano roof, AMG Aero2 18"Split Rims, Rear Seats
1,207 Posts
No one seems to want to part with or sell STL files yet
As a trial I have given a broken Sunvisor mirror cover to a local college 3d group and they are going to have a tryout. At worst I will end up with a correct size blank to just stick on but fingers crossed for the hinges and light trigger knob. They said they cant do colours so anything will need to be painted or wrapped.

·
Registered
2001 SL500
84 Posts
No one seems to want to part with or sell STL files yet
As a trial I have given a broken Sunvisor mirror cover to a local college 3d group and they are going to have a tryout. At worst I will end up with a correct size blank to just stick on but fingers crossed for the hinges and light trigger knob. They said they cant do colours so anything will need to be painted or wrapped.
Those vanity mirror covers are also important. Hopefully someone or ksan can develop the hinges in metal or superstrong plastic for a secure clip in

21 - 30 of 30 Posts