Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have an 85 r107 with a hot start problem. I already change all the injectors, inj seat, inj seal, fuel pump,filter, fuel pump one way valve, i also change the OVP it was burn. Any ideas will help some one told me to change the fuel pump relay. But i dont want to keep changing parts just to change it. The car starta with no problem when is cold and runs beautiful. Once you you turn off the engine and wait about 5min then i have to try between 4-6 time cranking the engine any ideas?

·
Registered
1985 380 SL
50 Posts
This problem is caused by the vapor lock resulting from the fuel accumulator ("fuel reservoir") not maintaining pressure in the system after the engine is shut off. Here is an explanation of the function from the service manual. It is relatively easy to replace but is a little expensive for a quality part. Parts Geek has a Bosch part for $112, this is what I used on my car and so far so good (2+ years). My '85 380SL had the same problem when I bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will change it now that you gave me this explanation.i had it but i was hesitance about it. Thank you and i will let you know once i do it

·
Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
1,261 Posts
+1 to fuel accumulator being dodgy, assuming the car starts OK otherwise in cold conditions.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
9,834 Posts
Fuel accumulator is not always the issue, as leaky injectors and pump check valve will have the same effect. With those already having been replaced accumulator is likely. A CIS pressure test would tell if the system is loosing pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roncallo, i will change it today once i do i will let everyone know if this fix the problem, thank you

·
Registered
1981 380SL, 2012 GLK 350, 2008 Corvette, 2002 Nissan Xterra, 1965 Dodge Dart Wagon
244 Posts
Had the same problem. It was the accumulator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just eanted to let everyone know that i change the accumulator and the she is running beautiful. Problem is fix thanks for all your comments. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) next job is to change the a/c compressor or the clutch.i also have leak on the dash boar if any one any idea i will apreacite it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts