Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good ideas as to where to Locate a Coolant Over Flow Reservoir for a 1988 560SL? These are very Scarce now and if you can find one at all they are in the Range of $350.00. I can't seem to locate a replacement anywhere!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've had the same issue looking for the reservoir for my 79 450SL for a reasonable price tag - I saved the search on ebay and one finally popped up in Germany, which may be your best bet too.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
I've had the same issue looking for the reservoir for my 79 450SL for a reasonable price tag - I saved the search on ebay and one finally popped up in Germany, which may be your best bet too.
According to the AutoHaus AZ website they have them for 450SL for $165. I replaced mine on the 380SL years ago for a lot less.

·
Registered
924 Posts
According to the AutoHaus AZ website they have them for 450SL for $165. I replaced mine on the 380SL years ago for a lot less.
Indeed Aussiemerc - however I was looking for a genuine MB part rather than a replica, I should have clarified that - that said the only difference is that the MB Behr one has the part number stamped whereas the non-MB Behr has the same space blanked.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Is this it?

Still pricey as looks like out of stock as far as MB is concerned. Best bet is to search by part #
A1075000549

1 - 11 of 11 Posts