Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 95 S320 was totalled today.

How it happened:

I was pulling out of a parking lot onto a two lane road. There was a big steam roller parked in the right turn lane, obscuring my view of oncoming traffic. This is not a very busy road, mind you.

So I pulled into the interesction, noticed a car speeding towards me, going at least 55 in a 25mph construction zone. He slams on his brakes, swerves into my lane, I was almost clear of the interesction at the time. Bam! he swerved right into me! T-Boned He could have swerved slightly to the right into the entrance to the parking lot and missed me completely! The skid marks show him swerving into the oncoming lane.

So we pull back into the parking lot I was pulling out of, he calls the cops. The cop comes and just sits in the car, he only got out for a second to look at the damage. Didnt measure the guys 40ft skid marks on the road or anything. So I called him up after he left and made sure he came back to measure.

More importantly, I am fine, and my friend was fine also. The driver of the other car was fine too.

My car on the other hand... Well he bent the b-pillar in so far that it pushed my seat up against the armrest, smashed my drivers side window, dented both my front and rear drivers side doors in very far. Neither doors close, the frame is bent in. It's a mess quite frankly. Pretty much all the trim broke off too.

The other car was a dodge stratus or something. You're all probably thinking his car was even more messed up. It didnt even have a dent on it, no joke. it only had a few scratches on it, he doesnt even have to get it fixed. How is it that my tank of a car is totalled and his dodge doesnt even have a dent?!?! It boggles my mind.

I'll have pictures of this mess sometime soon. I hope I can get a decent amount of money for it, I'd like to get an S500 this time. Im still a bit shaken up from this. I miss my car already, but it happens, life goes on.

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
I would guess that since he hit you straight on his car is damaged too.
I might not be apparent at first but I'll bet the foam that covers his front bumper is crushed and the subframe from the bumper back to the firewall is distorted. But who cares? I'd rather own a a totalled 140 that a clean Stratus[8D]!
Good luck with the adjuster and good hunting for your new 500.
Paul

·
Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
945 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about you loss [:(]

I got into an accident with my W140 within an hour of putting a license plate on it [:(] Luckily, insurance repaired it (at a cost of $12,000USD) so I could keep the car. It was a mint '93 300SE with only 25,000 miles at the time. A year and a half later, the machine is still running as new, with minimal repairs needed [:)]

Don't worry too much . . . as long as you are insured, you can get a new one [:)]

Regards,
Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts