Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking in buying a 2013 C350 Sport Sedan factory build and I will appreciate any advise in the buying process and any positive/negative experience you may share ')

My options:

17 AMG wheels (free)
Lighting Package
Keyless GO
Multimedia Package
Panorama Sunroof
Polar white exterior and black interior with aluminum trim (free)

The total price offered by the dealerships is between $47,500 - $48,00.

I do not know the factory holdback or if there is any factory to dealer incentive or the floor fee (so I can deduct it to the total base car + option price)..

And considering something between 2%-5% fair profit for the dealership, what would be a fair price to offer for this car?

Thanks

PS -off course I will have to pay the destination charge and sales taxes (I will not pay any add fee and will negotiate the dealer preparation fee).

Also, thinking in accepting the European delivery, any advise or positive experience?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Since you already have a C-300, is getting a newer version of the same car the thing to do?

I've had so many repairs on my 2008 C-300, I'll be buying a Buick next.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you already have a C-300, is getting a newer version of the same car the thing to do?

JimPap, I never had any problems with my 2009 C300 and I do 70-75 miles commuting... always taking it to the dealership for maintenance off course.

Overall a great experience that is why I stick with MB.

RAF

·
Registered
2013 C350 Sedan
3 Posts
Hi RAF077, I did a factory build on a 2013 C350 Sedan back in May as I couldn't find a 2012 with the color/spec I wanted. It was built in June, delivered in July, picked it up July 30. I'm absolutely loving it. First time Benz owner, came out of a 2004 BMW 330i.

I shopped around a few dealers once I knew exactly what I wanted and ended up getting 7% off MSRP which I didn't think was too bad, bearing in mind it's a new model year and most of the deals were on shifting '12's. Also got $1000 conquest cash.

If you can wait for factory build I totally recommend it. At least here, there are few C350's on the lots - the dealers only seem to stock the 250s. In the end, the buying experience was great, dealer was great, happy with the price, delighted with the car.

- Steve

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts

Very sorry to learn of your experience. There is some variation in every population, and the data would seem to suggest your car is less typical. My 09 is coming up on four years as the most reliable car I've ever owned. Other than one weak battery cell picked up by the dealer and replaced under warranty during my very first A service, the car has had no other issues. If you truly like the German driving experience, I cannot think of any Buick which will please you. You might try to hold out for a Cadillac ATS, which, with the base 2.5 liter engine, might be far more satisfying for a similar price.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I already got two offers with the price I was looking for - getting the steel gray metallic color included.

I will choose the dealer tonight and will close the deal tomorrow.

I am taking advantage of the European Delivery (first time), and 1K conquest rebate..

In order to get the most bang for my buck,. I have the following questions:

a) Will I be charged $905 destination fee if I am selecting the European delivery?

b) Is there any extra discount I can ask/get by choosing this type of delivery?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Best of luck with the Buick, might suggest a Honda or Acura for reliability (only).

JimPap - Sorry to hear about the problems with the C300. What kinds repairs did you experience?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's my understanding that on average, the dealers have 11% profit at MSRP. So, take 1% of that out for their cost in dealer prep, deliver, etc...leaves 10% profit. I was told if you can get 8% off, leaving a 2% profit for the dealer, you're doing pretty well. Do this, plus ask for maintenance and winter floor mats thrown in, and you've got pretty much the best deal you can get.

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
I am thinking in buying a 2013 C350 Sport Sedan factory build and I will appreciate any advise in the buying process and any positive/negative experience you may share ')

My options:

17 AMG wheels (free)
Lighting Package
Keyless GO
Multimedia Package
Panorama Sunroof
Polar white exterior and black interior with aluminum trim (free)

The total price offered by the dealerships is between $47,500 - $48,00.

I do not know the factory holdback or if there is any factory to dealer incentive or the floor fee (so I can deduct it to the total base car + option price)..

And considering something between 2%-5% fair profit for the dealership, what would be a fair price to offer for this car?

Thanks

PS -off course I will have to pay the destination charge and sales taxes (I will not pay any add fee and will negotiate the dealer preparation fee).

Also, thinking in accepting the European delivery, any advise or positive experience?
Pay $1000 over invoice (plus prep,taxes,fees). Some of our clients like to do euro delivery but its up to you, ive heard nothing but good things from them.

·
Registered
2012 C250 Sedan Sport
44 Posts
If this helps. I bought a 2012 C250 sport with every option available back in early April.. So they weren't trying to pawn them off quite yet. My MSRP is $42,970.00. Purchase price was $35,394.00 .. That's $7,576.00 off of sticker. I live in Oklahoma and we called every Mercedes dealer from Houston up to Kansas to find the best price. Tulsa actually was the cheapest price, and Oklahoma City met their price with a better car with more options. I've owned quite a few Mercedes and I have never seen the Dealerships negotiate like they are now. I think Mercedes is really hurting now , and I would take advantage of it. I don't think anyone really knows the profit a dealer makes on a car. A lot of internet sites say around 13/15%, but I think it's much more than that., and the only way to really find out is to see how cheap you can get the car for. Mercedes Benz always offers loyalty discounts for Mercedes owners. I recommend calling Mercedes directly and find out what all they're offering.

Make Holdback
Acura 2% of the Base MSRP
Audi No holdback
BMW No holdback
Cadillac 3% of the Total MSRP
Infiniti 1.5% of the Base MSRP
Jaguar No Holdback
Land Rover No Holdback
Lexus 2% of the Base MSRP
Lincoln 2% of the Total MSRP
Mercedes-Benz 3% of the Total MSRP
Mercury 3% of the Total MSRP
MINI No Holdback
Mitsubishi 2% of the Base MSRP
Nissan 2.8% of the Total Invoice
Porsche No Holdback
Saab 2.2% of the Base MSRP
Volvo 1% of the Base MSRP

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
If this helps. I bought a 2012 C250 sport with every option available back in early April.. So they weren't trying to pawn them off quite yet. My MSRP is $42,970.00. Purchase price was $35,394.00 .. That's $7,576.00 off of sticker. I live in Oklahoma and we called every Mercedes dealer from Houston up to Kansas to find the best price. Tulsa actually was the cheapest price, and Oklahoma City met their price with a better car with more options. I've owned quite a few Mercedes and I have never seen the Dealerships negotiate like they are now. I think Mercedes is really hurting now , and I would take advantage of it. I don't think anyone really knows the profit a dealer makes on a car. A lot of internet sites say around 13/15%, but I think it's much more than that., and the only way to really find out is to see how cheap you can get the car for. Mercedes Benz always offers loyalty discounts for Mercedes owners. I recommend calling Mercedes directly and find out what all they're offering.

Make Holdback
Acura 2% of the Base MSRP
Audi No holdback
BMW No holdback
Cadillac 3% of the Total MSRP
Infiniti 1.5% of the Base MSRP
Jaguar No Holdback
Land Rover No Holdback
Lexus 2% of the Base MSRP
Lincoln 2% of the Total MSRP
Mercedes-Benz 3% of the Total MSRP
Mercury 3% of the Total MSRP