Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83' 300d
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to work out some vacuum control valve issues, but i seem to not have vacuum going to the valve.

In the picture beneath, where i circled in pink, is there supposed to be vacuum coming out of this connector kinda thingy? The clearish line is the main vac line coming from the brake booster. There's that funky connector/valve on the line which as two barbed ports on it. One of them has live vac coming out of it - i use it for my locks and stuff. The other (circled in pink) has nothing coming out of it. Is this normal? Or, is there supposed to be vac coming out of it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
There is absolutely supposed to be vac coming from that port as well. Check for clogs - those rubber hoses lead me to believe that someone has already messed with that main line between the vac pump and the brake booster.

Dave aka Ghan

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Agreed, yet neither of mine have any, the CD just stopped pulling vac one day.

The SD, I poked a hole with a pin, way too much vacuum now, it's blocked off.

·
Registered
83' 300d
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I tried raping the port with no vacuum (in pink) with a coat hangar last night and it did nothing. How does one replace this black connector/valve?
Better yet, where would i get one?

As Rmac knows, i'm finally getting around to trying to get my VCV to work. I increased the spring tension inside of it as ya said to. Doing this is essentially increasing the preload on the plunger, right?

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
It is very easy to break off the Plastic Nipples on that main Vacuum Line.

You might try removing the end of the Hose that goes into the Pink outlined one and simply blow into it to see if you can relieve the clog.

Internet parts places sell the complete main Brake Booster Vacuum Line. However sometimes you need your VIN or Chassie Number to see if they are selling the correct one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts