Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been too lazy to go to the dealer to check this out, but on the sunroof, i know it's a one touch open, but can it close by one touch? Cuz mine's not and it's a pain closing my sunroof with my finger on the switch.<br><br>
<br><br>
2nd question, does anyone know the best way to wash my car so it won't have any of those swirl marks, cuz this is the first time i have had a dark color car, and i don't want those marks after drying it..<br><br>
<br><br>
Thanks!! :)<p>adsl-63-196-1-103.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think here's one way to find out is..if your's sunroof switch in close position had a secondary...

<br> 'click' then the answer i would think yes.<p>czavala.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No matter how careful you are, swirl marks will eventually appear. (more)

Always wash your car by hand. When you wash it with a soft washmit, make sure you don't go in circular motions, but in an up and down motion. Always go the way the wind hits the car (ie. on the hood, roof, and trunk, go up and down; on the sides go left and right). To dry the car, don't use anything less than a leather chamois. Dry it the same way you wash it. If you want to be extremely safe, you can use a blower to dry your car, but that would be a little extreme. <p>user-vcaure2.dsl.mindspring.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Swirl marks, best way to remove them is to use a swirl mark remover, Meguiars is pretty good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shygurl...let me try to explain a little more clear on the "secondary click" switch.....

<br> If you tap the power window 'switch' softly, the window would go down and stop when you release the switch. Now, if you press the power window switch all the way down ( you should feel a click)then the window would roll all the way down even if you release the switch already. That is what you call, a 'one touch power window' and the secondary click is the sensor the provide the 'one touch power window. If your sunroof switch in close position does not have the secondary click then you can not program it for 'one touch power sunroof' mode.<br> This is just something for you to remember. If the Battery ever lost power or disconnected, you will lose the 'one touch power window'. But you can get it back by manually reprogram it yourself by put the key in 'ON' position. Then press the power window switch to roll up the window (once the wind roll all the way up)then give it another press on the switch and hold it there for at least 10 second. Do the same thing but this time the window is in a roll down mode. Keep repeating it until it except the program.<br> <br> <br> <p>czavala.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One-touch sunroofs are dangerous. Think of your child's melon as he/she stands on the front seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While CLKs don't have one-touch close, so it doesn't matter. The windows are set to go back down if

any force is detected. Try keeping your window from going up, it will automatically go down to avoid crushing your puny child's melon!<p>ca-brea5b-23.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While CLKs don't have one-touch close, so it doesn't matter. The windows are set to go back down if

any force is detected. Try keeping your window from going up, it will automatically go down to avoid crushing your puny child's melon!<p>ca-brea5b-23.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly. But, she asked why there's no one-touch close on the sunroof. It's a safety issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Use a good microfiber towel to dry the car w/o swirl marks after washing..

Then use a good polish and wax. I use Finish First.<p>proxy4.fm.intel.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts