Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well my ignition tumbler has gotten finicky so I ordered a new one with keys off Autohaus. What I need to know is where in the down loadable service manual does it show how to remove and reinstall the ignition tumbler? I already made the special 2 pronged tool. Do you just insert that with the key at position 1 until it disengages everything and then pull the tumbler out with the key? And if so do you just install the new one in reverse order? Key in position one prong tool lined up slide tumbler in and then pull out pronged tool and it's good to go? I've been looking in the service manual and can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
find my thread on it. i woulda done the dealer instead of AZ due to the matching key.

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about the matching key, plus I live about 78 miles from a dealer so I'd rather have it delivered to me rather than risk getting my car up there and then the tumbler completely failing, that would be my luck haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts