Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 00 ML55 w/ 70K miles. Need some advice.

I hear a "creaking" sound from the rear suspension. It seems to ride great, is this a common issue? Are the bushings bad?

Last, what is reasonable price to pay for 75K mile service. I ask this since it seems dealers seem to charge whatever they feel like these days. Please give me your opinions and any examples of what you guys and gals have paid. Im assuming the 430 and 55 service should be the same costs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
For the most part..these A and B services are "SCAMS".....l just had my oil and filter changed for $100.00 bucks at the dealership..l told them to forget the rest....They even re-set my FSS....[8D]

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree on that scam. A and B service, I called a local dealer they said theres just A & B. I asked well do you have a 75K service. So she said well i guess B service. I asked what does this include, oil change and inspect brakes, belts, hoses, and look for codes. All the stuff I can do myself ( I have new brakes and tires anyways) and I know my own inspection will actually be done since Im doing it.

So for almost $400 you get an oil change and a monkey to possibly look at your car and joy ride it to lunch.

If it aint broke, why fix it.

No thanks Ill keep my change.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
i think they also replace the air filter, but you can do it yourself for 15 bucks. the creaking could be coming from worn ball joint in your rear shock. since you have 70k miles, your oem shocks should be shot. get some bilsteins on and your car will feel new again

·
Registered
ML55, E320
550 Posts
I had the creaking and thought it was just dirty struts, but a thorough undercarriage wash didn't help. The dealer replaced the struts under warranty.

·
Registered
2014 E63s AMG
319 Posts
My A service was done for free. I brought my truck in after winter for small problems and it had only 100 more miles on it. I told the service advisor that those 100 miles were all hard snow miles and he did the B service.

I have no complaints on MB service.

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
GorillaB:
It was my rear shocks(actaully the drivers side). Luckily the dealer did it as a courtesy at 53k. Tell The Game and Dre -------------WESTSIDE>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts