Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading this site since my grandfather passed his 93 190-E on to me (about a year ago).

I absolutely love this car and noticed recently that people had been checking their VIN numbers, which I also did earlier today.

This went as expected, 2.6L 190-E, electric seats, ect... the only thing that looks strange is this- 250 AMG DRIVERS PACKAGE.

I tried to find out what the AMG drivers package changes but I could not find anything, anyone have any idea? Here is everything that my VIN came up with.

VEHICLE TYPE: Car
MODEL NAME: 190 E 2.6 JAPAN
ENGINE: 103942 12 076228
TRANSMISSION: 722409 03 249172
ORDER NUMBER: 0270410521
LIGHTS: BOSCH
WIPER: BOSCH
INTERIOR COLOR: 175
PAINTS: 702

221 LEFT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE

222 RIGHT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE

240 OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR

250 AMG DRIVERS PACKAGE

280 LEATHER STEERING WHEEL AND LEATHER GEAR SHIFT KNOB

340 ADDITIONAL 3RD STOP LAMP

420 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-GEAR

461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND

524 PAINTWORK - PRESERVATION

543 SUN VISOR WITH MAKE-UP MIRROR L. AND R., BE-

551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM

570 FOLDING ARMREST, FRONT

593 ALL-ROUND WD-GREEN GLASS,HEATED REAR WINDOW-ESG,BF

640 15-HOLE LIGHT ALLOY RIMS

664 LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL 7-HOLE STAR DESIGN 17 INCH

803 AEJ 06/1/M/X

876 INTERIOR LIGHT ASSEMBLY

916 VEHICLES FOR HOT COUNTRIES-ADDITIONAL PARTS

Anything else look interesting to anyone else? Anyways thanks for the help!

·
Registered
951 Posts
When I searched my VIN, I got the "AMG Drivers Package" as well, I have always wondered what this means?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I do believe that term AMG Driver package was misprint from whom ever enter into the VIN searching at the first time...!!.. from my best acknowledge the AMG driver pack only apply to late 190Es with Cosworth 2.3-16V high compression engine than reg 2.3-16V Nam and came with Cosworth body wide body kit.I could be wrong !!!!
Don't Jap model has right hand drive ? and Vin # with WDBA....is American model.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Just a thought, but are you sure all the VIN numbers on the car match? They could of done some swapping when it was imported..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, not exactly sure of the history of the car (past my grandfather). Everything on the VIN matches and like silarrow said it is possible it is a misprint. Even more so JacobB said he got a similar issue.

I think im just going to take it that 250- actually means an alpine audio set.

I don't know why it says its a Japan model. Guessing its just another misprint.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
i don't see anything "amg" related on the car...errors can be extremely prevalent on 15+ yr old information that been put into the system by a human

either way you have a decent looking car, already has euro headlights and clear corners..no rust bubbles give it a good wash and wax and a tune-up and your all set to go

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
my cars twin....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts