Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GL450
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to pick up my MCS Command system w/o nav, my question is when installed, will I get the same quality sound that I get with my factory Bose system through the MCS unit?

ANy answers are appreciated.

"B"

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
My guess is that you would hear no difference in the sound, or if anything, the MCS may be of slightly higher quality (it’s made by Alpine). The Bose speakers are so “tweaked� by their special “compensation circuitry� that the head unit does not make much difference. Also, I am not saying that sarcastically as I happen to like the Bose sound in the ML.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Icebergb28 - 4/21/2005 1:01 PM

Im about to pick up my MCS Command system w/o nav, my question is when installed, will I get the same quality sound that I get with my factory Bose system through the MCS unit?

ANy answers are appreciated.

"B"
Yes, as RODNEY already said the Bose systems sounds the same or slightly better with the MCS. It was a plug and play install using OEM MB harnesses. (See Benza's publication).

====> <a href="http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/automotive/mercedes/m.jsp&pageName=/automotive/index.jsp"> Bose M-Class info</a>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts