Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your vehicle come equipped with electronic or mechanical fuel injection ? <br>
<br>
Also if it is electronically injected, does the vehicle have a vacuum sensitive fuel pressure regulator in the engine compartment?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuel injection. Every car should have fuel pressure regulator, it act to give fuel and return fuel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CLK works on a single line system. There is no return line, so you can not use an ...

Their is no return line. You can not use an adjustable fuel regulator. The fuel pressure is handled by a unit in the rear of the car by the fuel filter. Their are ways to trick the system with placing with vacuum to increase fuel pressure, but it is not an exact science. Tuners went through hell with the Celica GTS because of the single line system. It took a ton of work with the electronics to make a turbo/nitrous system to work properly.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 88'm3, 96'm3 and SLK..they all have fuel press' regulator but you are right Jackman. I just......

<br> pop-off the Clk plastic engine cover and to my suprised there is only single fuel line system ( with no fuel return line and fuel regulator insight at all). This is the first i seen in a car. I wonder why this system is in the CLK but not in my SLK 230 'sport' (slk had two fuel line and fuel press' regulator). I wonder where does the fuel go when the throttle is close and the fuel pressure is build-up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since it a single fuel line system... i there's is only three way to get more fuel in the engine....

1) With heavy modify engine, is to reprogram the <br> OBD 2(that's very difficult).<br> <br> 2) Change the fuel pump with a higher pressure rate.<br> <br> 3) Change the fuel injector with a higher rate flow (this also require the ECU to be reprogram)<br> <br> TRICK:<br> <br> 1) One of the trick i used to do to fool the fuel pump in my CELICA ALL TRAC-TURBO to give more fuel were by providing more voltage to the fuel pump.<br> 2) Another trick to provide a constant higher fuel pressure in a car with fuel pressure regulator were to disconnect and plug the vacumm line that go to the fuel regulator (this method does not allow fuel to return when the throttle is close but to hold it there).<br> <br> * Trick one might still be able to use in the CLk (if it had a fuel pump). But trick two can not use in the CLK because it does not have a fuel pressure regulator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember someone looking into NOS on a CLK (more)

I think they said that Nitrious Express had a system but when I look up Nitrious Express all I can find is Nitrious Explosion. Pretty Scary. A 50-70 hp shot sure would be nice occasionally!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you mean by Nitrious Explosion? I'm very close to purchasing the NOS....

system from NITROUS EXPRESS, but still have no idea if it will work or not. <br> NOS reps says:'We do not have a system that will work with the returnless fuel system.<br> It may be a while before we have a kit that will work.'<br> But NX says:<br> 'Your CLK has 275 HP stock. It should run 0-60 6.1 sec and the 1/4 mile in 14.5 with another 75 HP youre running in AMG CLK 55 territory 0-60 5.3 and the 1/4 in 13.7 with the full 150 you will run sub 5 second 0-60 and high 12's-low 13's in<br> the 1/4'<br> <br> SO DO YOU GUYS THINK I CAN REALLY NOS MY CAR, OR IS THIS JUST A NIGHTMARE WAITING TO HAPPEN...?<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 shot should be safe..but anything more without the properly tune, you are asking for trouble and.

<br> anyone that i know that had NOS install in their engine. They're all had to replace or rebuilt their engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can anyone tell me for sure, if the CLK has a "returnless fuel system"..

If it does have returnless fuel system, THERE is no NOS system for the CLK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For sure, i only see one fuel line..but they might have an electronic control fuel pump for fuel....

<br> return. I saw it very clear both fuel line on my SLK but not the CLK. They only way to make sure of this is ask your's service mechanic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have heard that the regulator is in the fuel filter but is still not a vacum type....

Do you think only a 50 shot would even require added fuel pressure. My friend has 50 hp nitrious on his Euro M6 and does not have a special fuel pressure regulator. The system will not fire and will stop firing if the pressure drops too low. He has not had a problem yet but his car does have a vacum type regulator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
50 shot...does not require any modification to anything what so ever specially if it a "WET" system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts