Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SL500, 1993 300SE, 1991 300SD, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19yo son (responsible - but not mechanically inclined) just drove my '93 300se from Wash D.C to Austin TX a few days ago. He said the car started making noise the last 30 miles and says thinks the serpentine belt is wobbling at the pulley that projects from the front of the motor. I just paid my indie here for a new belt and tensioner.

I am hesitant roll the dice to have him to take it to an unknown mechanic who may go to town.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can either recommend a good reliable shop in Austin, TX, OR if you are in Austin, I would greatly appreciate if someone could check it out for me and help my son. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
If you're miles away from anywhere you know - perhaps consult the dealer. It's kinda like McDonalds from Cape Town to Shanghai you know you're going to get at least a minimum level of service and competence.

·
Registered
1998 SL500, 1993 300SE, 1991 300SD, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're miles away from anywhere you know - perhaps consult the dealer. It's kinda like McDonalds from Cape Town to Shanghai you know you're going to get at least a minimum level of service and competence.
I am trying to avoid having him take it to the stealer where in my experience they can "go to town" and provide a "maximum" level of service particularly if one is not somewhat knowledgeable.

Any other suggestions or anyone out in Austin who can lend a hand??? PLEEEEEASSSE!:crybaby2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts