Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Quick Exaust Question

904 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  livendie
Hi
No ones helped with with any problems yet... but hopefully someone can answer this for me.

I bought a new exaust system for my 85 190E 2.3

Do i need that tank ( i think its an expansion tank) right down after the catalytic converter? I purchased a complete system, but I did not buy that expansion tank thing. Do I need it, or can i just take it off? Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
I assume you're talking about the middle muffler after the cat converter. Quite a few o...

I assume you're talking about the middle muffler after the cat converter. Quite a few owners are running a wider straight pipe after the converter with a few bends so that it meets up with the final muffler/tailpipe unit near the rear bumper. The result is 1) slightly less weight; 2) less back pressure in the system and; 3) a deeper sounding exhaust note.

· Registered
190 e
15 Posts
Ya don't worry. I had a new exhaust put in. went for a 2 3/4 inch with no resonator, r...

Ya don't worry. I had a new exhaust put in. went for a 2 3/4 inch with no resonator, racing cat and borla muffler. Sounds very mean. I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.