Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C32, Civic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have some questions regarding to my 03' C32; and hope you guys can help me out.

1. For all you C32 drivers, does your engine sound abnormal. I mean it has this cranking noise (light when revs up, but quite hearable while in idle). It sounds more or less like an amreican disel truck (dodge ram) engine. Is that a normal sound, or have all your engines make nomininal sounds?

2. My front suspension, when going over bumps, seem to be making squeeking noise at an audible level. I figured I'd ask you guys for some suggestions on this one.

3. When coming to a complete stop slowly, my car jerks a lil bit, and then stops. Is that normal?

Thanks for all your help.

dfc

http://www.geocities.com/dfc_vehicle

·
Registered
C32 AMG, E63 AMG, SLK230
2 Posts
I have an '02 which I've had for about 4 months. It is a MISSILE. In specific answer to ...

I have an '02 which I've had for about 4 months. It is a MISSILE. In specific answer to your questions, 1. no, engine idles relatively quietly;
2. not normal, see the dealer;
3. no, see the dealer.

·
Registered
2002 C32
1 Posts
1. a lot of these engines have a raspy sound when idle.

2. have MB lubricate your...

1. a lot of these engines have a raspy sound when idle.

2. have MB lubricate your swaybar bushings.

3. not sure, do you lift off the brakes a bit before you come to a standstill?

·
Registered
C32, '02 M Roadster
240 Posts
1 & 2 are not normal, 3 sounds like the transmission downshifting while braking but might ...

1 & 2 are not normal, 3 sounds like the transmission downshifting while braking but might as well the tech look at that too. The easiest way to tell will be to put the car in nuetral(don't worry, you can not hurt it) and come to a stop without the car being in gear to see if it goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts