Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate anyones comments regarding the non-tilt function on the steering wheel of this car. I am short, 5'2" and am trying to find a driving position that is comfortable. The steering wheel seems too high for me. There are of course, numerous seat adjustments, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I came from a 911 and just didn't have the problem. The petals seem high as well. Any thoughts? BTW, this car is way faster than a 911 and the transmission is smoother as well:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Deb, think the wheel position is the biggest draw-back so far in my car. You can telescope it or push it in but that's all. Because the CLK is built on the old C-class frame, for some reason it does not allow for an adjustable steering wheel column. I'm glad to hear you like your car so much other than that. That's a lot of car for a little lady. I hope you can find a position you like )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
: Deb, think the wheel position is the biggest draw-back so far in my car. You can telescope it or push it in but that's all. Because the CLK is built on the old C-class frame, for some reason it does not allow for an adjustable steering wheel column. I'm glad to hear you like your car so much other than that. That's a lot of car for a little lady. I hope you can find a position you like )<p>Well....I came from a car, with apologies to my friends at Porsche, that didn't wake up until you hit 4500RPM. I had never driven a CLK until I left the lot and you cannot imagine what happened when I hit the gas...oh my God. As for good positions, well....you will just have to leave that to your imagination:)<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff, you probably wouldn't have the manners to give me a reach-around, so I'll pass. But I'll take your mama again anyday, once she's done with the NBA All Stars.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take it like a man

But they have been to busy with your wife to look at my mom. Sounds like you have had a lot of experience with reach arounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts