Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First of all, this is not spam. I am just a car nut who doesn't have enough money for a Mercedes (college broke) so I make do with my Mustang. I'm taking a business class at the University of Washington for writing a successful business plan. My business I hope to make is one where I buy some cars from a dealership and then customize them completely to make them look like new cars (so like an extreme body kit) and then sell them as customs. I have an assignment this week where I need to interview my "alpha customers," which is the type of people I expect to get the most business from. Since you all are car nuts like me, I figured you'd be the ones to ask.

First of all, please say anything that comes to mind about this, even if it isn't in response to a question. This will actually give me more information than direct answers oddly enough.

My first question is what do you expect to see when you walk in to the shop/showroom? Not what do you expect from experience, but what would you like to see?

Second, what is your dream car and why?

Third, would you be interested in buying cars this way? What would entice you to change your mind if you don't?

Fourth, any other ideas that I could add in? Such as allowing customers to bring in their cars and then I customize them?

Fifth, how important is gas efficiency vs performance?

Sixth, are you more prone to drag race, auto-x, track race, or show the car (keep in mind that many of these cars will have upwards of 600rwhp and some, if there is enough interest, will be all out racecars).

You don't necessarily need to answer all the questions, and if you have a differing view from someone else, please let me know too!

Thanks,
Jeff Braun

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm

well Jeff dont beat yourself up on not having a Benz . we are all car nutz here it really doesnt matter what kind of car you have . one thing you have to keep in mind is that not every body taste are the same so you have a lot of conflict there . you have a great idea , but it is hard to please everyone so my recommendation to you is sell add on parts that you can install and display , if you have a car you do keep it mild that will keep your cost low build one that's nuts to show the extreme but , be careful it can get real pricey and you have a hard time recovering return on fully prepped cars to resell . the economy is tough right now so a lot of people are gonna be more tight with the fun money . i wish you well in your endevor but play it safe also . thanks CJ:D

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
There is no money in modifying cars. The only money is not even in cars but if you are incline to abuse then buy and sell the junkers before they break again.

1. I want all your profit and you take all the risks
2. Cars suck and are disposable pieces of feces, I should know I have ten (look at my silly links)
3. No. Look at the answer to #1
4. A regular body shop with a modicum of quality is the only way to go
5. People generally don't give a shit about mileage, they just think they do
6. Highway drag race, this is the least hard on the car and the most challenging. Any asshole can be a parking lot (most tracks) hero, but it takes an exceptional dumb ass to take corners above 130mph.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts