Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I took some pics of my interior and was hoping you could recomend me a course of action to take care of the various things.

1st thing is my leather..its cracked, worn, and there is a hole..

I need to retuck this or somthing like that I duno...

Now on to the exterior... I have some door trim coming off..How do I reattach it?

Somethings going on with my bumper here...

I want to take off this decal but Im worried it will affect the paint job..

And finally, I need a new trim piece as you can see the part around the ignition is sagging where can i get one of those?

Anysuggestions, tips, comments...I have more pics if u want to see them just ask...
--Kris

·
Registered
1982 300SD
692 Posts
As far as the interior goes, visit the Leatherique website. I will be doing a complete reworking of my seats using their products. I will be taking advantage of a Spring Sale they have thru the end of the month. They actually have 2 February sales that apply to our cars.
Anyway, study their site, read the brochure, look at the before and after pix. I think your interior can be salvaged.

That pic of the "B" pillar looks like the material has simply come unglued. Remove the "B" pillar trim and reglue.
That lower body cladding is held on by "pop on" clips.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am assuming that the "B" column you are refering to is where the seat belts are, so your saying just take off the trim and reglue the leather in..sounds easy sorta...I'll be doing this as soon as it warms up..what do u reccomend i get from Leatherique for my problems...

·
Registered
1984 500sel
35 Posts
I just rescued a mercedes and have been cleaning on it for the past week. I used the lenox 2 step cleaner and conditionor. although I think you are asking about the cracks and rubbing. My doors are doing the same thing in the corners of the front doors. It looks like on mine that there is a clip that has come loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300SD
692 Posts
Sorry for the terminology... The pillars that support the roof are typically labeled "A", "B", and "C", from front to rear. The "B" pillar is the center one, which on these cars carrys the front shoulder belt anchor. Its removal is pretty straight forward.
Leatherique the producer of premier leather restoration products. They are recommended by Rolls Royce, as well as jaguar and mercedes. Compared to Lexol, they sem expensive, but compared to the cost of new leather, they are a bargin. Their products will restore the softness to even cardboard-hard leather. They also sell leather dyes in the original colors to make everything match again. Your seats do not appear as bad as some. Some of what appear as cracks in your seats, may be simply cracks in the original dye. The basic process involves rejuvenating the leather, restoring the dried out oils, mechanical repairs to stiches and actual cracks, removing the old color and finally re-coloring with a new, flexible dye. Like I said, look at their web site.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
sorry to say, but even benz leather wears out. there is just no avoiding this on regular use. i was told before that the leather back then was not prepared, treated or conditioned the same as it is now. i know performance products sells replacements, or you could just go to a known upholstery shop and have them take a look.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
I concur with the Leatherique reference. They seem like the best option for restoring your leather.

Here's their website:

http://www.leatherique.com/

And here's a SEC owner who has restored their leather with Leatherique:

http://www.mbcoupes.com/repairarticles/leatherrepair/leatheriquetreatment.htm

·
Registered
1985 380SE
86 Posts
Bumper - looks like adhesive remains from a sticker, or a sticker removed the paint. You should be able to use your fingernail to tell if some paint is missing (touch it up) or adhesive remains (try WD-40 on a soft towel).
Trunk sticker - removal is simple, but the paint color may differ depending how long the sticker has been there. Spray WD-40 around the edges of the sticker, then use a piece of dental floss to carefully saw through the underlying adhesive. Soften remaining adhesive with more WD-40 until sticky is gone. Clean the paint and apply some wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts