Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a ton of questions, so if anyone can pitch their $0.02, I'd appreciate it.

1. How many spring pads/shims are available for the front and rear?
2. Does anyone know what spring pad sizes are available for our cars?
3. Does anyone know which spring pad size comes stock on a S500 w/ SLS

The reason I ask is because I want to lower the car by 1", no more no less but unfortunately, the H&R springs lower the car by 1.3"

Which brings me to my next question:

When they say 1.3", does that mean the car will drop that much if you install the H&R's on the highest spring pad/shim available? so does that mean it can go even lower than 1.3" if you decide to use the smallest shims available?

Or is it more like the car will drop "up to 1.3" using the smallest shims and using larger shims will enable me to adjust the height and possibly get that 1" drop that I'm looking for.

As you can see, I'm totally clueless when it comes to suspension talk so I need help :surrender:

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
1.3" is the maximum you can drop with those springs. and you have to get the thinest shims so it can drop that much. since you have the sls model you need front shocks and get your rear shocks adjusted. if you want to know the factory shim size for your car you need to take your vin to keys mercedes and talk to someone named danny in the parts department he is the best at hooking you up with parts.

btw i called you last saturday and you didn't pick up so i just drove back home. you going to be busy this saturday?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts