Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've been lurking around for a while but now I have some questions...partially because I don't know too much about cars. Be kind.
I own a 2005 c230 kompressor and it got broken into this morning. :crybaby2: fortunately nothing important was stolen, but nevertheless, I have questions...some related to this, some completely unrelated.

First of all, someone broke the rear passenger window. I was wondering why on earth my car alarm didn't go off because I was sure I locked the doors before I went inside. If a broken window doesn't trigger it, what on earth does? I'm sure I would have heard the alarm, I'm a light sleeper.
Also, holding the possibility in mind that the alarm isn't working, how could I test if it works? Just lock it from the inside and open it? This is kind of asking the same question I guess...
Third question is that when the car was broken into...it was also raining, so the seats were soaked when I found it. Do I need to worry about the seats getting funky or water damaged? If I do, how to take care of that?

As for other unrelated things, my poor car has taken a beating from morons dinging and scratching up my doors. I live around the Irvine/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area and was wondering if there were any good places I could take them to get them fixed.

Thank you for helping!

·
Registered
271 Posts
It took me about a year to realise that I had no audible on my alarm. To check if the horn is working just push the panic button on the key and see if the alarm sounds. If you only get flashing lights then you will need to take it to the dealer so that the horn will work. I had a faulty horn.

As far as the seats try to dry them as quickly as possible to stop growth of mold.

For dings try to find an independent guy. Most shops will charge about $90 to $150 per body panel. Some charge by the ding. I paid $140 to have three dings removed and it was absolutely amazing. I could not tell at all where they had been. The guy was working for himself that is why it was a good price

1 - 2 of 2 Posts