Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will actually need 15mm spaces and different bolt hardware - you will need 12mm bolts that will

fit into 14mm holes - do not know where to find these.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now for the correct answers !!!

The W140 wheeels are desinged to use a 14mm lug bolt and the W210 uses a 12mm lug bolt. Contrary to what has already been posted it is inadvisable to use 12mm bolts on a wheel the requires 14mm bolts. Also the bolts in question use a ball seat with a different radius which will not have the proper contact area. This is a very bad idea. I apologize for my delay in responding. The main reason that The Tire Rack supports and sponsors these forums is to reduce or eliminate false or incorrect information. I hope this answers your questions completely.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How about his answer.

Lorinser uses an insert to change the opening size and AMG has sent out several 'tech bulletins' stating that this process is unsafe and not recommended.<br> <br> Luke

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: How about his answer.

Mercees has also issued tech bulletins which concurred with the AMG bulletins<br> Luke

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: now for the correct answers !!!

Agreed, but I did not suggest to use 12mm bolts on a wheel that requires 14mm bolts. It just ment to show what one of the requirements to fit would be. Personally, I would not do it, but Frank from this forum used W215 CL's wheels on his CLK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts