Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1994 e320 and I am almost done fixing my idle problem. I need the small hose that is about 3 inches long with an elbow bent that goes from the emission system (or the manifold?) to the throttle housing. Sorry for the stupid question but I learn as i go. Does anyone knows the part number or have a diagram of the engine with that particular part and where can I order it on line besides the freaking dealer? Your help will be much appreciated. Once I replace this hose I am sure my idle problem will be fixed! I will keep you posted.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
You may be surprised about dealer cost on items like hoses. Go by your local dealer and strike up a conversation with the parts guys. They can help you in many ways. More than likely, they have the hose or will have it next day.

Good Luck,

Jayare

·
Registered
W124
5,161 Posts
You may be surprised about dealer cost on items like hoses. Go by your local dealer and strike up a conversation with the parts guys. They can help you in many ways. More than likely, they have the hose or will have it next day.

Good Luck,

Jayare
I could not agree more with Jayare on this. Of course there are people out there who really shouldn't be working with other people and there are dealers out there who are short-sighted when it comes to pricing their parts, but my experience has been very good at my local dealer here on Long Island, Rallye Motors.

I "struck up" that conversation Jayare mentioned, over 15 years ago with the parts guys and learned very quickly that Mercedes is CHEAP when it comes to service parts prices in the marketplace. Can you find an aftermarket part that is priced lower than the genuine? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. My first lesson was buying a Genuine water pump from the dealer versus aftermarket. I paid the dealer $45 less than the local parts house wanted for some China-made knock off. And batteries were another example of what I don't buy elsewhere.

Another benefit is technical information. They won't "give away the farm" just because you buy parts from them, but on the other hand, they have little use for their knowledge of the older cars. Few people bring them in for service these days and there are mechanics with a wealth of knowledge they accumulated over the years. They usually are willing to share it with you when you ask.

As Jayare said; give the dealer a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts