Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question, i saw this on ebay and was wondering if this would work on the newer ml's? What kind of problems would occur if this was installed? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7963643331&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
First of all, this is only a pair of adapters that allow an HID xenon D2S bulb will fit into a halogen H7 mount. You would still need to buy the D2S HID bulbs, ballasts and igniters. It is designed to fit the newer (MY2002+) projector beam headlights. The seller claims that the projectors cast the same beam pattern with halogens and HID’s as long as the bulb is in the same position in the mount, and that his adapters enable this. I do know that projector beam halogens do have a cut-off similar to HID’s, but I do not know if it is the same or not.

Putting an HID bulb into a halogen projector/reflector assembly can make them not-DOT compliant and thus illegal for road use. Personally, I’d rather spend the $800-$900 to get a “real� set of bi-xenon HID’s rather than to spend several hundred dollars on this solution. You will get legal lights, plus the benefit of HID xenon high beams.

- RODNEY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts