Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just recently ordered a whole mess of parts for my 430 Carlsson RS kit, 19" Wheels Black with polished lip 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear wrapped in falkens 245's up front and 275's in the back, Remus exhaust, 8000k HID (which are already installed), and eibach springs. I already have the star grille, but because the whole theme of the car is going to be black, I wanted to black out the grille except for the big star. I have seen this done on someones car, but don't remember where, and I tried doing a search but nothing came up. If you have any pictures of this it would be very helpful. I am just debating whether to black out the frame and the horizonal slots, or just the slots alone and leave the frame chromed. Any comments are welcome [:)]

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Sorry...screwy link. Go to .net and follow links to grilles. He has a black one but its kinda pimpish looking.

·
Registered
CLK430
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sry but what .net r u talking about sry to sound like a noob but can you give me the correct address?

·
Registered
CLK430
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
meh... Not was I was looking for... I have this grille http://www.f o r m y m e r c e d e s .com/images/208-5062.jpg

The whole grille is chrome I was thinking about painting the whole thing black except the big star. I was debating whether I should paint just the horizontal slots or the outer frame and the horizontal slots..... I have seen this done on a clk online I can't remember whather it was on benzworld or m bworld, but I searched both and couldn't find it. It was on a black clk with a lorinser DTM bumper. If anyone can get this picture that would be great.. Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
i started a new thread with some pics that might give you an idea ...

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
I checked my ML. The front portion of the star is "attached" to the black grill. If yours is the same, you could just pop off the front, prime and paint grill and reattach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts