Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Question regarding the chrome on a 300SE

644 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  bdonkersgoed
Hey Guys,

My Dad bought a '93 300SE, but it has to have it's rear bumper replaced.

I bought one from a wrecker in Niagara Falls (for $700CAN/$950US), and noticed that it had a chrome strip about an inch wide on it (it was from a 500, but it is still supposed to fit). I can't remember seeing any chrome on the side or front of my dad's car . . .

So, I went to the local Benz dealer to look at some W140s, and they all seemed to have chrome on the Front, Sides, and rear (they were all '97+ models).

Did the W140 always have chrome on the front, sides, and rear? Was this an option? Was it only available to the larger models of W140? Am I going to end up putting a chromed bumper on a non-chromed car?! If so, is there somewhere where I can buy the chrome for the front and sides?

Thanks for the help!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Hey Guys,

My Dad bought a '93 300SE, but it has to have it's rear bumper replaced.

I bought one from a wrecker in Niagara Falls (for $700CAN/$950US), and noticed that it had a chrome strip about an inch wide on it (it was from a 500, but it is still supposed to fit). I can't remember seeing any chrome on the side or front of my dad's car . . .

So, I went to the local Benz dealer to look at some W140s, and they all seemed to have chrome on the Front, Sides, and rear (they were all '97+ models).

Did the W140 always have chrome on the front, sides, and rear? Was this an option? Was it only available to the larger models of W140? Am I going to end up putting a chromed bumper on a non-chromed car?! If so, is there somewhere where I can buy the chrome for the front and sides?

Thanks for the help!
they all have chrome my friend. It will match okay[:)]

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool . . .It's strage that I didn't notice the chrome when I looked at the car. I gue...

Cool . . .

It's strange that I didn't notice the chrome when I looked at the car. I guess it's those subtle details that make the Benz look so awesome [8D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.