Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I recently installed a security system in my 1996 Mercedes C280. Now the problem is that it is not connected to the door locks, i mean the security system works fine with the kill switch and alarms and everything but the person who installed it couldn't integrate the locking mechanism with the alarm system. I have to lock the car manually and then activate the alarm. Also have to open locks manually.

Please someone advise me what should i do in order to integrate the locks to the security system. I am pretty sure there must be a way. I have also attached image from the user manual provided with the security alarm system. Please let me know which wire should I attach to what wire, I will ask the same guy who installed the system to do that.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
300CE-24, W204 C220 CDI, W210 E55 AMG, W124 300TE, W163 ML270 CDI
399 Posts
The W202 uses a vacuum style central locking, do you know if this central locking is fit for that?

·
Registered
c36, 1970 LeMans Sport, a truck
318 Posts
I don't have the exact wire colors offhand (I can't remember) but on RH side of the trunk behind the trunk liner enclosed in a big foam box is the vacuum pump- there you will find two wires that operate off of negative trigger that will lock and unlock doors and activate and deactivate the factory alarm at the same time.

You can slide the pump out of the foam encasing to get access to the wiring.

Have the installer test back there.

You need the green/black, blue/black to lock and unlock all doors do NOT use the blue/white lead. Leave it crimped off.

No boxes, no other relays required.

rjp

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have the exact wire colors offhand (I can't remember) but on RH side of the trunk behind the trunk liner enclosed in a big foam box is the vacuum pump- there you will find two wires that operate off of negative trigger that will lock and unlock doors and activate and deactivate the factory alarm at the same time.

You need the green/black, blue/black to lock and unlock all doors do NOT use the blue/white lead. Leave it crimped off.

rjp
Quick question here.

I am looking to install a similar keyless entry system, which just needs a 12V POS, Ground, Lock and Unlock wires a total of 4.

I assume out of the two you listed above one of them locks and the other unlocks. Is there a wire also for the gound and 12V?

I posted some images here that I took.

Flickr: harryt223's Photostream

·
Registered
47 Posts

rjp
I don't know about you. But those wires are not ones I would use. I used totally different wires and it works totally fine. Just had to splice 2 wires LOCK.UNLOCK and it's working perfectly fine now. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts